In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. Allah has indeed heard (and accepted) the statement of the woman who pleads with thee concerning her husband and carries her complaint (in prayer) to Allah: and Allah (always) hears the arguments between both of you: for Allah hears and sees (all things).
2. If any men among you divorce their wives by ZihᲠ(calling them mothers), they cannot be their mothers: None can be their mothers except those who gave them birth. And in fact they use words (both) iniquitous and false: but truly Allah is All-Pardoning, All-Forgiving.
3. But those who pronounce the word ZihᲠto their wives, then wish to go back on the words they uttered,- (it is ordained that such a one) should free a slave before they touch each other: thus are ye admonished to perform: and Allah is well-acquainted with (all) that ye do.
4. And if any has not (the means), he should fast for two months consecutively before they touch each other. But if any is unable to do so, he should feed sixty indigent ones, this, that ye may show your faith in Allah and His Messenger. Those are limits (set by) Allah. For those who reject (Him), there is a grievous Chastisement.
5. Those who oppose (the Command of) Allah and His Messenger will be humbled to dust, as were those before them: for We have already sent down Clear Signs. And the Unbelievers (will have) a humiliating Chastisement,-
6. On the Day that Allah will raise them all up (again) and tell them of their deeds, Allah has reckoned and which they forgot, for Allah is Witness to all things.
7. Seest thou not that Allah doth know (all) that is in the heavens and on earth? There is not a secret consultation between three, but He is the fourth of them, - nor between five but He is the sixth,- nor between fewer nor more, but He is with them, wheresoever they be: In the end will He tell them what they did on the Day of Judgment. For Allah has full knowledge of all things.
8. Seest thou not those who were forbidden secret counsels yet revert to that which they were forbidden (to do)? And they hold secret counsels among themselves for iniquity and hostility, and disobedience to the Messenger. And when they come to thee, they salute thee, not as Allah salutes thee, (but in crooked ways): and they say to themselves, "Why does not Allah punish us for our words?" Enough for them is Hell: In it will they burn, and evil is that destination!
9. O ye who believe! When ye hold secret counsel, do it not for iniquity and hostility, and disobedience to the Messenger; but do it for righteousness and self- restraint; and fear Allah, to Whom ye shall be brought back.
10. Secret counsels are only (inspired) by Satan, in order that he may cause grief to the Believers; but he cannot harm them in the least, except as Allah permits; and on Allah let the Believers put their trust.
11. O ye who believe! When ye are told to make room in the assemblies, (spread out and) make room: (ample) room will Allah provide for you. And when ye are told to rise up, rise up Allah will rise up, to (suitable) ranks (and degrees), those of you who believe and who have been granted Knowledge. And Allah is well- acquainted with all ye do.
12. O ye who believe! When ye consult the Messenger in private, spend something in charity before your private consultation. That will be best for you, and most conducive to purity ( 9fa of conduct). But if ye find not (the wherewithal), Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.
13. Is it that ye are afraid of spending sums in charity before your private consultation (with him)? If, then, ye do not so, and Allah forgives you, then (at least) establish regular prayer; give Zakat; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.
14. Seest thou not those who turn (in friendship) to such as have the Wrath of Allah upon them? They are neither of you nor of them, and they swear to falsehood knowingly.
15. Allah has prepared for them a severe Chastisement: evil indeed are their deeds.
16. They have made their oaths a screen (for their misdeeds): thus they obstruct (men) from the Path of Allah: therefore shall they have a humiliating Chastisement.
17. Of no profit whatever to them, against Allah, will be their riches nor their sons: they will be Companions of the Fire, to dwell therein (for aye)!
18. The Day will Allah raise them all up (for Judgment): then will they swear to Him as they swear to you: and they think that they have something (to stand upon). No, indeed! they are but liars!
19. Satan has got the better of them: so he has made them forget remembrance of Allah. They are the Party of Satan. Truly, it is the Party of Satan that will lose!
20. Those who oppose (the Command of) Allah and His Messenger will be among those most humiliated.
21. Allah has decreed: "It is I and My Messengers who must prevail": for Allah is Strong, Mighty.
22. Thou wilt not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, loving those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with a spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein (for ever). Allah will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allah. Truly it is the Party of Allah that will achieve Success.
Eser: ENGLISH QURAN